In the name of blogging, we journeyed to 36th street for a Tibi sample sale. After waiting in line for half an hour (anything for fah-shahn), we were escorted into the Happy Monkey Studio! We fought our way through spandex-clad women in pursuit of summer prints. We couldn’t take pictures, but OMG was it crazzaaay! Dresses, skirts, shorts, shoes, etc. Twenty-dollar bathing suits were scattered in cardboard boxes; the chances of finding matching tops and bottoms were slim, so here’s a leisurely lifestyle fashion tip: mismatch is in!
The sale is happening for two more days, starting at noon at 348 West 36th St.
We left the sale famished and headed to Shake Shack at Madison Square Park (as seen in Something Borrowed) for some burgers, fries, and milkshakes. Wee!
Thoughts on the meal:
- Fries were decent; could get them anywhere, nothing special.
- The Shack Burger was DELICIOUS! We recommend skipping the sauce if you don’t like mayonnaise and opting for a regular cheeseburger or hamburger.
- Shakes: Filling. Very filling.
- People Watching: Great. Lots of European couples in Polo shirts. A generally good-looking crowd.
- We asked James, quality Shake Shack server, if he had seen Rachel and Ethan from Something Borrowed strolling through the park. He didn’t know what we were talking about.
Local Celebrity Spottings:
- Touran Nozari at the Tibi sample sale sporting a Gap floral dress and Aerosoles. What was she doing there?!?
- Alyssa Bawden, with us all day, looking relaxed after her semester abroad in Lugano. What happens at Franklin College stays at Franklin College.
- An unidentified recent Hamilton grad strolling through Herald Square. She was last seen by the Levitt Center in the Communication department. Huh?
- A girl losing her balance while rollerskating. She proceeded to run into a delivery man and a white van. Halp!
- Rumor has it that Claire Corroon is in the Big Apple. This has yet to be confirmed.
- Song: Beautiful Love, The Afters: it might sound familiar from 8th and Ocean. Who watched that?
- Summer Reading: We didn’t have a chance to read this week, but see below for a pretty selection of beach reads!
- Movies: Bridesmaids, “kinda funny”-Alyssa
- TV shows: Extreme Couponing.
- an undisclosed location in NEW JERSEY!!!