We celebrated Father’s Day by surrounding ourselves with attractive dads at the beach in Watch Hill, Rhode Island. See below for some paparazzi shots we snapped of silver foxes and the like. Sorry if your dad is featured…if he is, call us, we’re free on Saturday.
Wow, those are creepier than we thought.
Rhode Island native Lauren Masterson brought us to a community house and garden on our way to the beach. Straight out of Architectural Digest, the house boasted a true chef’s kitchen and a large rustic dining room. As pretty as the vegetable garden was, we couldn’t help but notice that it was kind of lacking in the crop department. It only had a few vegetables growing and a garden gnome that wasn’t even full-size. Michelle Obama would be ashamed.
We also drove past the Ocean House, a luxury waterfront hotel where Jessica Simpson is rumored to be holding her September nuptials to former football player Eric Johnson. Is Nick Lachey invited? Will it be filmed for the opening credits of Newlyweds 2.0? These questions can only be answered if someone gets us press passes to the event. Thx.
We spent the day bronzing on the beach and aqua jogging in sixty degree water. Our thoughts on salt water: into it! Gives hair a great texture and exfoliates the skin. It’s even great for dieting. So, if you don’t mind being paralyzed from the waist down for a little and having heart palpitations when you go underwater, take a swim at the Watch Hill beach!
Preppy boutiques with names like Lily Pad and Frog Splash lined the streets of the town. An open statement to rude salespeople: don’t judge us because we have flyaway hairs and are walking around with a bright green bed sheet on our shoulders.
Turns out that for a beach retreat, Watch Hill has relatively few places to get ice cream. St. Clair Annex seems to have a monopoly on frozen dairy treats in the town, and it’s working in their favor. The line was out the door all day long. We went there multiple times despite the militant ice cream server and her high school trainee. We don’t think that boy is going to last the whole summer under her command.
St. Clair Annex
- Lunch: grilled cheese and French fries. Alyssa was the first to order and last to receive her meal. It took a solid 25 minutes to make the grilled cheese, leaving ample time for extraordinary people watching. She got French fries in honor of all her friends going abroad to Paris next year…Vive La France!!??
- Round 1: almond joy
- Round 2: chocolate yogurt and vanilla ice cream swirl with rainbow sprinkles. Not quite soft-serve, more of a hybrid ice cream. SCA definitely uses high quality sprinkles, Commons got nothing on them.
- Lunch: hot dog on a buttered roll (insert Mean Girls pun)
- Round 1: chocolate peanut butter cup
- Round 2: moccachino. Grool flavor.
- Lunch: Turkey Grinder. Didn’t realize that a grinder was synonymous with a sub, so it was essentially a turkey sandwich. Must be a New England thing. Dr. Nozari is more accustomed to the culinary delights of the JeRseY ShORe…stay tuned!)
- Round 1: mint crunch chip. Interesting variation of mint chocolate chip. The chocolate component appeared to be more like chocolate gobstoppers than chocolate chips.
- Round 2: black raspberry yogurt
- Song: Gallery by Mario Vasquez. Alyssa’s fav lyric: “So much ice, his neck and wrist froze.” Also, “I Can Love You Better” by the Dixie Chicks and “That Should Be Me” by Jbiebs and Rascal Flatts. Do you spot a theme? We don’t.
- Movie: Monte Carlo (Theatres), Two Weeks Notice (Netflix). Hugh Grant, so hot 10 years ago.
- Book: The Piano Teacher by Janice Lee
- TV Show: Throwback! Smart Guy starring Tahj Mowry, brother of Disney stars Tia and Tamara. Classic 90’s Disney.
Random thought: Do you or do you not pretend that you’re on a reality TV show when you talk on speakerphone, especially in the car?
Also, seriously can’t decide whose Twitter is better, Gwyneth Paltrow’s or Jessica Alba’s. Since we mentioned them, we finally have a reason to tweet at them!!!