Shout out to all the loyal fans for eagerly awaiting our first blog post and to our haters who thought our blog would never launch…here it is bitches! This was supposed to be a food blog, but we realized on our first blogging excursion that food isn’t the only thing we enjoy, so we decided to expand. Sorry we’re not sorry for being overzealous. Also, the name of our blog is a reference to an ah-mazing movie, Uptown Girls. RIP Brittany Murphy, we love your work.
We decided to start simple with our lifestyle journey, so we dined on sandwiches and frozen yogurt for what we thought would be our food blog.
- matzoh ball soup: perfectly tasteful broth and not too salty. Yaum
- tuna sandwich with olives: Alyssa will most likely get mercury poisoning from the excessive amount of tuna she eats, but until then, “the tuna was really good, except there was a lot in the sandwich.”
- turkey sandwich: lettuce, tomato, and mustard spread on both pieces of bread. Definitely better quality than Commons.
- self-serve fat free fro yo
- basic flavors like chocolate and vanilla but no swirl (unfortunate)
- other interesting flavor choices like New York Cheesecake and … we can’t remember the other ones
- GREAT TOPPINGS: Cookie dough, Heath Bar, Reese’s, Oreos
- they also had chopped fruit, but a note on fruit toppings: not into it.
Daily picks that lead to living a life of leisure:
- Song: Rolling in the Deep (Glee Cast Version): Not that we didn’t listen to Adele’s version on repeat during finals, but the Glee version is the bomb.com
- Summer Reading: Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann
- Movies: Something Borrowed (Theaters), The Babysitter’s Club (VHS…), The American President (Netflix)
- TV: How I Met Your Mother, chosen by local celebrity Mathieu Kasanoff
What to look for next week:
- SSS (secret sample sales!)
- lunch at Shake Shack with special guest Alyssa Bawden!!